- Main Handle - 145P x 25B 5x5checkered in 325 paracord built from a 29Px5B TH. Knot size estimated to cover from hatchet head to lanyard hole and cope with the wider sections at the ends – came out pretty near perfect 90 degree crossings and covered desired length
- Head Protector - Stretched 19Px11B 4 pass -3fan knot in gutted 550.
- Lanyard – 4 strand braid with diamond/lanyard knots to terminate the braid, covered by tripled 5Px6B THs and a
Lanyard Sliding Button – 8Px9B 3 pass -1 Fan knot with a doubled diamond/lanyard knot grip
Long Handle wraps (including Turks Heads, Coxcombing, Top Briading, Grafting etc) on Walking Poles, Axes, Paddles, Canes, Knives and similar
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 370
- Joined: Thu May 21, 2015 4:47 pm
- **Supporting Member**
- Has thanked: 240 times
- Been thanked: 156 times
It’s been an exercise in estimating/selecting knot sizes to try to get perfect fits. Aimed to cover the main handle from blade to lanyard hole with 90 degree crossing, have the gutted slanted head protector in good proportion, and lanyard end ‘globe knots’ closed up - love it when a plan comes together.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
- Posts: 34
- Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:53 am
- Has thanked: 48 times
- Been thanked: 22 times
Just so you know, I'm totally saving up for the cord, and hatchets, for Xmas gifts to myself. I've loved this since first time you shared it. I AM making myself a pair of "Philchets". Just love em.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest