Commemorative Walking Cane

This forum is a showcase for members to show off their knotwork for the purposes of display, appreciation & constructive feedback.
Cord_Craft
**Supporting Member**
http://www.knot-everything.org

Commemorative Walking Cane

#1by Cord_Craft » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:21 pm

A friend of mine asked me about fancy knot work, he wanted to fancy-up a walking cane for his father. We swapped a few ideas, including he wanted the knotwork to be USA Army themed as his father was a WWII vet . Sadly my friends father passed away a few months ago. So I have tied this on his behalf and included much of the knotwork he would have wanted for the cane for his father.
Quite a few first attempts for me, including an 8 bight T shaped ‘turks head’ on the handle (thanks to
Since Michel
's 4 bight TUT for the idea), plus the Aztec button, the grafting and coxcombing with lettering, and the SpanishRings on the coins (thanks to Stormdrane) – all firsts for me. Only thing that wasn’t was the small fan knots at the transitions!. I hope my friend likes it when he see it and will always help to honour his father.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Poseidon_Diver

Re: Commemorative Walking Cane

#2by Poseidon_Diver » Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:49 pm

This is an beautiful piece! Love it! :D
-b-

ParacordKnotter
**Supporting Member**
http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheArtOfParacord/

Re: Commemorative Walking Cane

#3by ParacordKnotter » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:42 am

The T shaped Turks head looks like a challenge. Love it! :Hrts: :Hrts:

Return to “Members' Knots”