Blossom's new lead

This forum is a showcase for members to show off their multi-strand braiding and fid work for the purposes of display, appreciation & constructive feedback.
Darren
**Supporting Member**

Blossom's new lead

#1by Darren » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:40 pm

Dog lead - multiple strand braids and knots

Following a recent trip I wanted to make something special for my brother his wife and their dog. So I hemmed and hawed for a while and came up with this. 6 strand MWK into a 4 strand braid over 2 strand core and then into a 6 x Strand flat plait. I secured it all and added the Gaucho knot to cover the joins. Pretty sure this will tow a small car now...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Cord_Craft
**Supporting Member**
http://www.knot-everything.org

Re: Blossom's new lead

#2by Cord_Craft » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:06 pm

Love the design - I have made MT leashes (which eat cord and took me a while as I had never done a 8 strand gaucho braid before). I always use a loosely braided 4 strand braid around a contrasting core on my axe handles lanyards. Using that technique for a dog leash is a fantastic idea - well done. :D

I (name) dub this "The DB Leash" - LOL :rofl: - thanks for sharing

Darren
**Supporting Member**

#3by Darren » Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:40 pm

Thanks Phil. The main reason for the core was to beef out the 550 and also to get enough strands for the handle. In the past I e had a difficult time telling people that "yes the 4 strands is strong enough for your Alsatian" which they don't seem to believe. This looks a lot more believable. So the DB leash it is thanks :)

Darren
**Supporting Member**

#4by Darren » Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:51 pm

:ugeek: second iterations but this one is for sale... More clips on order to produce a few more of these...

Darren
**Supporting Member**

#5by Darren » Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:51 pm

Ooops
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ParacordKnotter
**Supporting Member**
http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheArtOfParacord/

#6by ParacordKnotter » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:27 pm

For a better look/shape I used a solid color four strand braid then did another four strand braid as a overlay. Giving me eight strands to work the handle with. [url]http://www.knot-everything.org/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=710#p1222[/url]
(the black and red leash)

Return to “Members' Braids”