Modified Sanctified - JLove's Swagger

Have a question? need help? Have a topic that you like us to discuss and explore together ?
ProFide
**Supporting Member**

Modified Sanctified - JLove's Swagger

#1by ProFide » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:56 am

swagger attempt 2 .jpg
swagger attempt 1 .jpg
Swagger.jpg
I'd like to make the Swagger for a friend (bottom pic). I'm using 425, picture shows 550. This weave really cannot be that difficult but I cannot get it. I'm hoping that someone here will know or can figure what I'm doing wrong. I have asked JLove George for help but to no avail. I'm not after selling these or stealing his trade. I'd simply like to make one for a gift. I've attached his original post (which is as I say using 550). The other, first two pictures are my attempts. Can anyone help? What am I missing? Why can I not get the final result I'm after?!!

I get the sanctified part, I can get the two strands of endless falls at the edge, its the middle switchback and central endless falls that I'm unable to figure. One of the pics shows how I've put the switchback in but this may well be incorrect.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ProFide
**Supporting Member**

Re: Modified Sanctified - JLove's Swagger

#2by ProFide » Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:27 pm

Maybe I've been looking at this wrong way around - do you think he draws down the central endless falls first and then adds the switchback?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ProFide
**Supporting Member**

#3by ProFide » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:19 pm

I remember Phil Scoltock's comment to someone once who had asked for a Tutorital - his advice was 'Learning Is Fun'. With this in mind I sat down last night to figure how to make this bracelet which I'd promised a pal I could do!! The one strand which makes this bracelet took me three hours of trial and error and learning, to figure. Job done. Back to TH's for me!!

Cord_Craft
**Supporting Member**
http://www.knot-everything.org

#4by Cord_Craft » Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:21 am

Excellent - it looks great. :D :D :D Sometimes doing it the hard way provides more learning than following a TUT

Return to “Discussion & Help”