New Turks Head Calculator

Have a question? need help? Have a topic that you like us to discuss and explore together ?
Admin
Site Admin

New Turks Head Calculator

#1by Admin » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:38 am

Developed and installed a new Turks Head calculator in these forums for the use of members. It can be accessed from http://www.knot-everything.org/app.php/page/th_calc

For people who haven't mastered Advanced Gridmaker or Ariane; then this tool calculates Knot Length and Strand Length, it can also suggest the number of bights assuming an 'ideal' 90 degree crossings. Give it a go and I welcome feedback
th_calc.jpg

Compared to Advanced Gridmaker, it calculates knot length at about 10% smaller, but then I often find AG does over estimate knot length. It also estimates strand length to be about 10% less than AG. I have found AG to be about right, but I always add a chunk just in case anyway
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

covertknots

Re: New Turks Head Calculator

#2by covertknots » Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:46 am

great tool...look forward to giving it the test...thanks phil

Jimmy Daniels
**Supporting Member**

#3by Jimmy Daniels » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:51 am

That's Awesome Phil. Very good idea, very cool feature. Thank you.

Darren
**Supporting Member**

#4by Darren » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:00 am

Good job Phil..... Thanks for taking the time

Poul Eli

#5by Poul Eli » Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:34 am

Very interesting Phil! This will come in handy when on the fly and you don't have a pc at hand.
Thanks for taking your time and developing this calculator!

Cord_Craft
**Supporting Member**
http://www.knot-everything.org

#6by Cord_Craft » Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:18 pm

Even though I know my way around AdvGridmaker, I still frequently use this calculation to establish the Parts x Bights & Knot length data before getting creative with Gridmaker

Tometdo

#7by Tometdo » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:51 pm

:D merci beaucoup pour cet outil!
Admin wrote:Developed and installed a new Turks Head calculator in these forums for the use of members. It can be accessed from http://www.knot-everything.org/app.php/page/th_calc

For people who haven't mastered Advanced Gridmaker or Ariane; then this tool calculates Knot Length and Strand Length, it can also suggest the number of bights assuming an 'ideal' 90 degree crossings. Give it a go and I welcome feedback
th_calc.jpg
Compared to Advanced Gridmaker, it calculates knot length at about 10% smaller, but then I often find AG does over estimate knot length. It also estimates strand length to be about 10% less than AG. I have found AG to be about right, but I always add a chunk just in case anyway

Return to “Discussion & Help”